Connect






Subscribe     Follow on Twitter     Like on Facebook

The 20th Cake


Today I go one bar higher in my so-called "Age-Meter"! I'm now 20 years old; officially a young adult! :) Browsing over the internet I found a site that gives us a verse from the Bible depending on our birth date... Well, I tried it just for fun.

The site is called Birth Verse and it opens up a window with a small piece of note right at the bottom:
"You are a child of God, His treasured possession. He created you in His own image. He chose the day for you to be born. He has a plan and a purpose for your life." - BirthVerse
Hmm, my purpose? Well, that I have yet to know. Although I always say that I will become a doctor someday, I still am not yet sure of what my real purpose is. I mean, who knows it better than God? God has plans for us, however the probability of those plans to work out still depends on us by how we decide here on Earth. Meaning, God is there to send wake-up calls to direct us to His ideal plans. He gives us opportunities day by day so that we can get a picture of our purpose. From there He hopes that we can realize something out of the callings we receive from Him, and eventually be enlightened to go to the right path.

I'm currently enrolled as a BS Biology student in The University and will be graduating next year. I plan to pursue Medicine, and become a pediatrician or a cardiologist as a specialization. I have also been blogging since 2004, making me a certified 8-year blogger. I plan to settle with this domain for good (Read my Blogging History if you are curious.) and build my "AnythingRAD! Network" ~ Currently, I maintain 3 blogs: ComfortingWay, Vainroxy, and my Personal Blog. I plan to open additional websites for AnythingRAD! Network for my other interests -- like food, and health/science blogs. So basically, I want to become a blogger-doctor. :)

But of course I'm not closing my doors to whatever God wants me to become. But all I know is, I'm doing my best to finish my schooling and make my parents proud, make them happy that I have succeeded trials I thought I could never surpass, and also enjoy my hobby of blogging.

I have read Father Martin Fox's blog the other day and I quote from his 'birthday entry'. He says:

"My birthday is no accomplishment of mine. It is the day of my [parents'] mother's trials and suffering--for my benefit.." -- Fr. Martin Fox, priest of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati

After reading that paragraph in his blog, I came to realize how momentous this day is especially for my parents . If it weren't for their love for each other, I wouldn't be here. This is a celebration of their love for each other, for our family's prosperity, for me, and most importantly, for God. :)

I have lived my life for 20 years, and today I shall start anew. Another chapter has opened and I will continue living my life as a young adult, as an aspiring doctor, and as a disciple of God. :)

All for His Glory.

Now, I can blow my 20th birthday candle. :)

3 comments:

{ Migi } at: May 2, 2012 at 9:47 AM said...

You really are a blessing given to us by our Lord. :) Happy happy birthday again. >:D<

{ chaxpage } at: May 9, 2012 at 8:41 PM said...

belated happy birthday dear! :)

God gave you another year for your purpose here on earth! <3

{ liz } at: May 31, 2012 at 10:17 PM said...

It may be too late for me to greet you, but hey, Happy Birthday, sweetie! :)

Thank you for being born and inspiring people. You are indeed a blessing. :)

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 • Follow God's Comforting Way • Design by Dzignine