Connect






Subscribe     Follow on Twitter     Like on Facebook

God's Protection

"I wait patiently for God to save me; I depend on him alone. He alone protects and saves me; he is my defender, and I shall never be defeated." - Psalms 62:1-2
I had a very tough time sleeping last night -- thinking about death, loss time, and all other kinds of fear. At first I thought I was just having a self crisis -- some sort of "Age Transition"... but no... as time passed by, my chest felt heavier; I knew something was wrong with me. In deep fear, all I could do was to think of happy thoughts and let myself fall asleep fast. I did fall asleep. But not too long...

I woke up around 3AM today, 2:48AM to be exact,  having a heavy heart, trembling in fear, anxious of reality, scared of life. I was in deep confusion -- something really weird had gotten into me! I can't help but wake up, go downstairs, and just not fall asleep again! I tried watching some TV shows ~ Kdramas to be specific. Even though I had a couple of good laughs with such entertainment, still... I was in fear.  I was about to lose myself, until I started praying.

I opened the Holy Bible, and got into the page where Pslams 62:1-2 was situated. There I started to cry it all out. I realized I was being blinded by so much evil things. I was not paying attention to God's Words like I used to months ago. As a human being, sometimes we get to be so busy that we forget to pray, forget to let God enter our lives and make Him the center piece of it.

I read the chapter til the end...

    "Trust in God at all times, my people. Tell him all your troubles, for he is our refuge. Men are all like a puff of breathe; great and small alike are worthless.
    Put them on the scales, and they weigh nothing; they are lighter than a mere breath.
    Don't put your trust in violence; don't hope to gain anything by robbery; even if your riches increase, don't depend on them.
   More than once I have heard God say that power belongs to him and that his love is constant.
you yourself, O Lord, reward everyone according to his deeds." - Psalms 62:8-12




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 • Follow God's Comforting Way • Design by Dzignine